Friday, February 4, 2011

It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!

Ben did a bang up job on my stocking this past Christmas, including dry shampoo (because I'm lazy and hate washing my hair), chapstick that reminded him of what I wore when we dated in high school, and a cheap necklace from Target to satisfy me until we can afford the real thing. Seriously. He's a keeper.

He also got me a $15 iTunes card. And the thing has been burning a hole in my pocket. Yet I can't spend it. Because, you know, then I've spent it. I feel like Frodo; the iTunes card is my ring. The gift is the burden that is the gift. I know, I know. First world problems. Egypt's too painful to think about right now....SO... do you know how many choices I'm faced with?! Do I jump on the Mumford and Sons bandwagon? Stick to Amos? Return to a classic (which NPR described as for people who "are smart, but not necessarily hipster." Check. Check.)? Or do I just hope this comes out with a soundtrack? Then, just to stir the pot, I'm flirting with classical.

This is why I will never be able to keep up with Cha and Yeti.

I noticed a similar bursting-of-my-heart-feeling when Ben and I went on a date to Borders (nerd alert). We were browsing the employee picks of the week when it all just became too overwhelming. "There's too much to read in too little time!" I exclaimed in panic. Ben gave me a familiar look (the one that communicates "You're so cute when you're crazy." I told you - he's a keeper.) and then he redirected me to the travel section.

Sigh. I feel your pain, Agnes.

2 comments:

charissa said...

if you don't like mumford by now, don't bother ;). get yourself the new album by The Civil Wars, titled Barton Hollow. love.

Rachael said...

"The physical appearance of the please makes no difference"
-Gru