Thursday, December 4, 2008

All I want for Christmas...

...is a friggin' break.

6:00 am: alarm goes off, I get up, shoot off some emails, get ready for the day
7:00: Laundromat; try to avoid the chatty retired truck driver from Minnesota
9:01: Therapy...didn't even fold the socks and underwear and I was still late
9:50: Unload laundry and hang up clothes to dry; resist flipping off my neighbor when he incessantly honks his horn so I'll move my car
10:00: grocery
10:35: fry onion and prepare meatloaf for tonight's dinner, fix hair and makeup again after laundromat and therapy adventures
11:05: show up late to lab meeting at Fuller, find out dissertation is finally moving forward (yessss!)
12:20: bang trim; try to decipher stylist's comment, "Wow! Have you always been this creative with your hair? You're not a bit afraid to work those curls, are you?!"
12:30: back home to fix hair again (crazy stylist) and grab a sandwich
12:33: pick up kitchen trash that Mia has strewn across the living room. Awesome.
1:00: return to Fuller to finish meeting re: dissertation
1:20: work on reports at City of Hope
3:15: supervision at C.O.H., reschedule research meeting because supervision went an extra hour
5:15: head home, narrowly avoid rear ending someone, realize I'm really an adult when my first reaction was, "Great. That probably just took a year off my tires' lives."
5:45: clean up house, do dishes, put meatloaf in the oven
6:30: walk Mia, bake cookies
7:00: host prayer group dinner
10:30: blog
11:00: go to bed (fingers crossed!)

How soon until Christmas?

5 comments:

Darcy said...

Please come soon sweet baby Jesus not just because you are the Christ child and all but also because we need a break!! Is that sacrilegious? I hope not.

Robin said...

You crack me up, Darcy!

Creative Mama said...

remember that wilson philips song... hold on... I think you should start singing it to yourself... to stay sane...

Creative Mama said...

Also. I've figured it out...
How we will see eachother... when we move back in... you should come do laundry at my house... we can hang... fold ... or just sit next to eachother... and stare... no conversation needed... ;)

Tara and Dan said...

I could have sworn I commented on this post weeks ago, but alas, no comment. Weird. You are a busy woman! You should squeeze a facial and massage in there somewhere...