I got a letter in the mail from Sam's Club yesterday, stating:
This letter is to inform you that we have learned today that CLIF BAR & CO in cooperation with the FDA has initiated a recall of its Clif Bar Assorted Products due to potential contamination with Salmonella. Our records indicate that you purchased Cliff Bar Assorted Products with UPC's of XXXXXX and YYYYYY. We request that you review your inventory records and segregate and return the items to your local Sam's Club for a full refund.
The good news? None of our stash have those specific UPC's, so we're good. The bad news? That probably means we already ate them. Awesome. How does Salmonella even get into energy bars, anyway? Nevermind. I don't want to know. What I do know is that I've had 3 trips to the bathroom in the last 12 hours. Never underestimate the power of suggestion.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Good News, Bad News
Posted by Robin at 9:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I'm glad you posted this. I looked up the product recall info and we had some bars that fit the description.
My Luna Bars are not being stocked right now for the same reason. It is the peanut oil. I'm super sad. Luna Bars have been my mainstay for 3 years. I guess I'm going back to cereal.
Yeeks! Make sure and eat lots of fresh healthy stuff to make up for anything! AND I love the new look of your blog! (I read it through google reader, so I never see it much! I force myself to leave comments because I crave them so much!)
oh...if you have it you'll know!! i had salmonella poisoning as a child and just about met the big guy.
...but hopefully Ben ate all those :)
KIDDING BEN!!!!! YOU MEAN MORE TO ME THAN YOUR WALLET
o you!
hah! if it makes you feel any better, the entire townhouse, plus one townhouse boyfriend, have been... how to say this without being too vulgar on a public forum... making many trips ourselves. we wonder if it's not some kind of super-mild stomach flu. one way or another, it's not awesome.
My dad just got over salmonella poisoning because he ate a special K protein bar (peanut butter flavored). Yuck yuck yuck!!!
Post a Comment