Before our Christmas trip to Missouri, I attended an Over the Rhine concert on the recommendation of some friends and immediately became converted. The main people are husband (pianist) and wife (singer) and I LOVE THEM. I adore her voice - just listening to her speak causes me to slow down and reflect. This song (Drunkard's Prayer...which makes me wonder if it was the inspiration for a friend's blog name) soothes my soul. I tend to be impatient with long-ish instrumental openings, but this is so worth it. I wish Ben would learn how to play the cello and play me to sleep every night.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm not sure if I'm the freakish or the friend... :) point and shoots are LOTS of fun... you'll love it!!
This week, I just got a free live concert download of Over the Rhine from Archive.org (see http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=over%20the%20rhine ) for some reason. I did not know who they were but I had heard of them and wanted to listen. So far we have loved it!
seriously incredible. to the point where it can be hard to listen to their cds after hearing them live b/c they do SUCH a good live show. amazing.
Post a Comment