Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hotel Cafe



We went to Hotel Cafe last Saturday to catch a couple of our favorite artists perform, Greg Laswell (you might recognize his music from Grey's season finale) and Brian Wright. Listening to this video, I'm realizing Greg sounds a little off key, but in the moment he sounded perfect. I guess that's the magic of live performance...

I had the pleasure of standing beside Greg's NUMBER ONE FAN and that was a trip. He was male. And curiously straight. And he really loved to show his NUMBER ONE FANness by head banging. I don't know if you know it or not, but head banging doesn't exactly go hand-in-hand with singer songwriter performances...



Then we stayed to listen to Brian and scored a table, for which I was very thankful. Shows are so much more enjoyable when you can sit and relax. And marvel at the groupies that greasy-haired musicians manage to win the hearts of...seriously...there was a group of gals at the front table who all but threw their bras on stage. And Brian? Not so much a looker. Great musician. Great performer - might even have a heart attack on stage some day, but not handsome. So, go figure.

It was a great night all around - good music, good friends, good times. These are the moments we'll miss about LA. Which is why we'll probably need to move to another place with a good music scene. See you in Nashville, King's?

2 comments:

A&L King said...

I miss Hotel Cafe. Thanks for giving me a little peek at what I'm missing.
I am glad to hear that Nashville is still on your list.
AK

Tara and Dan said...

Sorry, Dan has a hard time controlling his emotions sometimes, especially when it comes to head banging. And, hey- I can't help it if my bra practically jumps off me and on to the stage by itself.