I failed to mention that when I went to that documentary screening last week, I carpooled with some friends. There were five of us, and no one realized the "No Parking - Tow Away Zone" sign applied to us (who am I kidding - I didn't even see the sign). So, once we realized the car was, indeed, not where we had left it, there was a moment of panic. Like this commercial. Almost. I kid you not - I did look around for a cat to bark at me. When a quick phone call confirmed we had been towed, and not royally ripped off, we all breathed a sigh of relief and started walking to the impound station. It wasn't a bad part of town, exactly, but I did have the thought that it would be just our luck to get mugged on the way. But I didn't say that thought out loud, as right before (not) finding the car, one guy of the group was yammering away about his biggest fear of returning to his car, only to find it missing. Needless to say, I didn't want to speak two things into truth that evening. I later revealed this somewhat irrational thought to another person in our group, and she scoffed, saying we were perfectly fine the whole time. But she also ministers to hookers in the wee hours of the morning in scary neighborhoods in L.A. So you can understand why I didn't exactly trust her judgment of safety. :) Besides, it's a scientific fact that she is ten times more likely to get hit on than mugged.
But all's well that ends well (albeit expensively). Just another L.A. adventure.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Posted by Robin at 3:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
you KILL me!!!!!!! haah!
you kill me too ;-)
I hope I never have to feel like that commercial. Except for the cat barking. That was cool.
Post a Comment